Thursday, February 19, 2009

Look who's 10....

Wow! I can't believe that our little Lex is 10! Where has the time gone? We started the day off getting ready for school. She tried to talk me into letting her skip it "just this once", but I made her go. Besides, we had spent half the night making cupcakes to take in to her class today. I thought that she was getting too old for this, but she insisted "everybody brings them". So I couldn't tell her no! After school she had musical rehersal, so she didn't get home til almost 5:00. I gave her the option of going out to any place she chose for dinner, and she opted to stay home and make her favorite meal. Fetticinni Alfredo!! Great choice Lex!! She invited Aunt Kate out, and also her bff Kayden to come over to join us. She decided not to have a cake this year, since we had soooo many cupcakes left over. After dinner we loaded one up with 10 candle and lit the thing.....
Well, that was a near disaster....the wax started melting fast and dripping on her hands. We told her to hold it steady for a quick picture, and what ever she did DONT DROP IT!!! She managed to pose, and then get them out quick!! Aside from her dad being gone, she said she had a really fun day!! She also got to go to Peter Piper Pizza on Monday with all of her cousins, but I am soooo bad about having my camera with me, so we have no pics of that! Anyway, here are a few more pics from the night. Me with the kids...........


Aunt Kate and the kids!!!
We are so glad to have Lexi in our family, and can't believe she is already 10. She has grown up so fast, and is turning into a little lady right before our eyes!! Adam said to me last night....it is not the fact that we are now 30 that has him feeling old....it is thinking that in only 6 years she'll be driving....and dating!!!! Oh, the things we are about to go through!! Happy Birthday Lexi. We love you!!



6 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe it! 10! She is growing up and is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait. Enjoy little Elle now, cuz it goes by way too fast CJ!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet girl! Happy Birthday, Lexi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow!! I can't believe she is 10 already- I remember when you were just pregnant with her!!!! I feel soo OLD!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was definatly the worst part of turning 30!! That means Lexi is 10!! I don't mind getting older, but I wish I could freeze them now!!

    ReplyDelete