Thursday, April 16, 2009

The gift of a sister....

Today, as I hurridly dropped the girls off at school, I was taken back for a moment. A precious moment that stopped me in my tracks and brought a tear to my eye. There was a school bus pulling up to the curb in front of us, so in a split second I realized that if I continued to the usual drop off spot I would be stuck. I was already running late, so I cut to the left and proceeded to let the girls off in the middle of the parking lot. I hate hate hate doing this, because they normally don't pay attention, and most people are running late as it is, and in a huge hurry to be the first one out of the lot. As I said goodbye to them, I stayed there for a moment, making sure they went straight to the crosswalk, and made it safely across. When they reached the crosswalk, they both looked at eachother, and at the same time, they grabbed on to one anothers hands, and together they crossed. Such a simple thing, but to me it was more. Just the night before, they were both nearly at the point of meltdown with eachother. But there, on the school campus, they were looking out for eachother! I was suddenly taken back to a time when I too, had little sisters to look after. Before I knew it I was reminissing all of our good times and memories that we have made over the years. I thought about the countless days Mattie and I would spend fighting, just to wind up in one anothers room laughing until we cried! I thought about every early morning trip to the dentist with Kate, and going to every single softball game of her Jr. high and High school career! I thought about joining the gym with Jody. And after our night-time work outs, sitting in our driveway til 2:30 in the morning, talking about who knows what...but laughing til it hurt. I thought about vacations and trips to Vegas with Anna, and how much I miss our weekend BBQ's!! Every favorite memory I have are with these girls. My sisters!! As I watch my girls now, I can only hope that the bond they have, will remain ever so strong!! I hope that one day they look back on their lives and realize that no matter where they were, they always had a BEST friend!! I know in my life, these are the first ones I call, no matter what. My sisters!! I love these girls with all I have in me. Sisters are the best gift ever!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. my girls fight like you wouldn't believe but it is the sweetest thing when for a split second they are nice. melts my heart. i always have to remind them how lucky they are cause i didn't have a sister close in age.

    ReplyDelete